Job Opportunity – Communications and Content Coordinator
Full-time or part-time 0.8 FTE not including travel editor duties – please specify which in your application
Triple R Overview
Triple R has shaped and inspired the culture of Melbourne. Since its inception in 1976, Triple R has become Australia’s most influential independent community radio station with nearly 21,000 subscribers and donors and around 1,000,000 listeners per month.
General description of the role
The Communications and Content Coordinator is primarily responsible for overseeing the station’s written and online communications and content. This includes cross-platform content production and editorial oversight of the station’s website, social media, EDM, press releases, visual branding and promotion, and subscriber magazine triennial of Triple R, The Trip.
The position works closely with station volunteers and programming and content staff to produce content, as well as oversee specific promotional projects such as the annual Radiothon visual campaign, and reports to the Director of Programming and content.
Main selection criteria
- Exceptional written communication skills and editing experience (of text)
- Experience in image design, audio and video production
- Experience coordinating relationships with relevant external practitioners including other media, visual artists, designers, printers, advertising, sponsors and advertisers
- A demonstrated passion for online communications and content creation
- Demonstrated track record in growing and maintaining a large following on social media and online
- Demonstrated ability to test content ideas with analytics, understand and respond to them
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and work independently
- A demonstrated passion for Triple R and/or community radio
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work within short and long term deadlines
- Experience in a community radio
- Good knowledge of Triple R programming and philosophy
- Experience developing a social media strategy for a broadcaster
- Experience creating and coordinating production schedules and budgets to ensure all communications and content are delivered on time and within the agreed budget
- Experience in communication strategy development
- Experience working with volunteers
- Graphic design experience
- PR experience
- Writing experience
- A relevant degree
Triple R particularly welcomes applications from people in the following groups – please let us know if they apply to you:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- People from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- People with Disabilities
- People who identify as LGBTIQA+
- Youth (under 26)
Please email [email protected] to request a copy of the full job description.
All applicants MUST provide the following in a single PDF document:
- Cover letter
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, described above
- A current CV
- Whether you apply for the full-time role or the 0.8 FTE part-time role, which does not include travel editor duties.
Please send your application to [email protected] with the header “Online Content Coordinator –
Applications closed Monday, May 16 at 9 a.m.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Interviews should take place late May.
Download this job offer