Content media

Migrant center bomber Andy Leak, 66, shared far-right content online “and lost his penis…

2 November 2022, 10:05

Andy Leak committed suicide after the attack on the migrant center in Dover.

Image: Social networks


The man who attacked a migrant center in Dover before killing himself had been sharing far-right content and posting racist comments online, we have learned.

Andy Leak, 66, who suffered from mental health issues after the death of his son, smoked cannabis and posted photos of Batman villain The Joker.

He reportedly had health issues, including arthritis, and battled cancer in recent years. The Daily Mail reported that he told a neighbor he needed to have his penis removed because of an advanced stage tumor around four years ago.

Last October, he wrote that he had sent a parcel “to the British government” warning it that he wanted “to end illegal immigration in this country within a year on the side of French boats”.

The attack on the migrant center in Dover

The attack on the migrant center in Dover.

Photo: Aliyah


Read more: Dover firebomb attacker identified: Man who targeted ‘hate-motivated’ migrant centre, counter-terrorism police say

Read more: Thousands of corrupt cops could be on the streets, explosive report reveals

He posted pictures of himself wearing a Union Jack face mask online and frequently shared conspiracy theories from far-right groups.

In July, he posted, “All Muslims are guilty of grooming… they only rape non-Muslims.” Last year he wrote: “A message to the UK government: if you dare come for our children, we will come for you. If I can’t have freedom, then I will choose death.

In August, Leak wrote: ‘Next time the job center penalizes your money for not looking for enough work, asked them about the thousands of people on benefits can’t speak English can’t write english [sic]”.

Attacker posted far-right conspiracy theories on Facebook

The attacker posted far-right conspiracy theories on Facebook.

Photo: Aliyah


He also shared a transphobic post from conservative news site The Blaze and is said to be referring to far-right activist Tommy Robinson, a study of his profile by campaign group Hope Not Hate found.

He drove 120 miles from his home in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, to throw three petrol bombs at a security checkpoint from his hired car. Then he drove to a nearby gas station and killed himself. Two center staff were slightly injured.

Counter-terrorism police announced yesterday they have resumed the investigation with detectives saying they believe the suspect was triggered by ‘some form of hate-filled grievance’.

Detective Chief Superintendent Olly Wright, Chief Counter Terrorism Police South East (CTPSE), said: “This was a traumatic incident for everyone involved and for the wider community, and we are working hard to establish exactly which led to the Sunday Morning events.

“We understand that when counter-terrorism police get involved it can be worrying for some people, but I would like to reassure people that there is nothing to suggest a broader threat in the works at this time.

“What seems clear is that this despicable offense was targeted and likely to be motivated by some form of hate-filled grievance, although this does not necessarily rise to the threshold of terrorism.

“At this stage, the incident itself has not been declared terrorism, but this is being monitored as the investigation progresses.”

Police believe he was working alone and are trying to establish the exact circumstances and motivation for the incident.

Officers say there does not appear to be a wider threat to the High Wycombe or Dover areas.

A search warrant was executed at a property in High Wycombe on Monday and a number of items of interest were recovered, including digital media devices, which officers say are being examined as soon as possible.

Due to the nature of the evidence collected so far, Kent Police say it is “clear” that officers with specialist experience are best suited to conduct the investigation and have entrusted the investigation to the CTPSE.

Officers were called at 11:22 a.m. Sunday morning to the overpass road by the Western Jet Foil site.

The explosive ordnance disposal unit was present and ensured that there were no more threats.

Following the incident, 700 people were moved to Manston asylum seeker processing center in Kent for security reasons.