TikTok has announced a slate of live events for International Women’s Day (3/8), while also airing a series of featured content throughout the month to promote influential female creators.
According to TikTok:
“The theme of this year’s IWD, #BreakTheBias, is a direct call to action for the world to recognize and address the biases women face in order to move forward every day. On TikTok, women are finding ways to overcome these daily challenges by supporting each other, exchanging tips on #CareerTok to negotiate better benefits and higher salaries to frankly share their life as parents.
To mark the event, TikTok has scheduled a series of livestream sessions with inspiring female creators, which will air on the app’s main @TikTok channel, starting at 5 p.m. ET.
- 5:00 – 5:30 – “Vibin” with @Latto
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – “Work with me” with @nichellelaus
- 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – “Get ready with me” with @kissyduerre
- 6:30 – 7:00 p.m. – “Train With Me” with @dafnenavarrol
- 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – “Work with Me” with @natasha.surya
- 7:30 – 8:00 p.m. – “Cook with Me” with @himynameispriya
TikTok will also curate content for the discovery page, using daily and weekly themes, including:
- #WhenWomenWin (3/8): From changemakers to innovators, behold the power and strength of women leading movements for progress around the world. Discover the stories of our community with #WhenWomenWin.
- #WomenInMusic (3/9): Whether it’s an iconic and historic performance or a new artist heard for the first time, share your discoveries and find new favorites with #WomenInMusic.
- #WomenInGaming (3/10): Celebrate and learn about some of the most popular game hacks, winning moments and tips with the TikTok community.
- #WomenOwnedBusiness (3/19): From Wall Street to Main Street, learn how women are starting and growing their businesses on TikTok.
Highlights might help you discover more female voices in the app and get tips and notes on how to maximize your own approach, in different ways, from these experts.
They could also inspire your own approach to International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, highlighting the influence of female designers on various trends and developments.
TikTok events will run throughout the month, with live stream sessions beginning shortly.